Applications and Nominations
After submitting an application or nomination, how long does it take to hear from someone?
We will contact you within two weeks of the submission date to inform you of the next steps.
How can I submit the diagnosis form?
here are 4 ways to submit your diagnosis form.
- You can upload the completed diagnosis form directly to your application
- You can email the form to email@example.com
- You can send the form to: Do It For The Love 360 Grand Ave. #350 Oakland, CA 94610
- You can fax the form to 1-844-484-3568
Does the diagnosis have to be life-threatening in order to qualify for a wish grant?
Not Necessarily, for recipients who are 18 years of age and younger, we determine eligibility on numerous factors. For adults 19 years of age and older, we only accept diagnoses that are life-threatening.
What are the wish grant steps?
- Nominate someone you know
- Please ensure that all information you provide on the nominee is accurate and up to date. One of our coordinators will reach out on your behalf to ask them to complete our application process.
- Apply for yourself or your child
- Please note that when applying for yourself or your child you must first download the diagnosis confirmation form and have it completed by your physician before submission of the application.
- You must have at least two valid concert choices prior to submission of your application. If invalid or incomplete information is provided we will not be able to process your request.
- Once eligibility is determined you will be contacted by one of our coordinators
- Receive your concert confirmation and instructions
- Enjoy the concert or show!
- Let us know about your experience with a testimonial and photos.
- Stay in touch!
Concerts and Tickets
When will I know if my wish is going to be fulfilled?
We aim to have concert details secured two weeks prior to the concert date, however, sometimes it takes longer. Due to hectic tour scheduled some artists are only able to confirm our requests last minute giving us a 2-3 day window to confirm. If you don’t hear from a DIFTL staff member 24 days prior to the concert, feel free to reach out for an update.
How do I get my concert tickets?
We strive to have concert tickets confirmed at least one week prior to the concert date. However, due to the nature of our organization, we may contact you 2-3 days before the concert to inform you of how to get your tickets. This can range from downloading and printing your own tickets to picking them up at will call or event having tickets mailed to your home.
Does my wish have an expiration date?
Yes, wishes expire 6 months from the date of approval. However, you may reapply by submitting a new application and updated diagnoses form. Please make sure that you have a concert date in mind before submitting your new application.
If the nominee was granted eligibility as a minor, they may need to complete their wish grant experience before their 19th birthday.
Can I request a musical as my wish grant experience?
We are happy to provide tickets to one day of a festival of your choice. Due to the nature of festivals, we cannot request a meet and greet for festival wish grants.
Can I request a music award or competition show (The Grammys, AMAs, The Voice, etc.) for my wish grant experience?
No, unfortunately, we cannot fulfill requests for award or competition shows.
Do I get to meet the artist/band?
We make every effort to provide a meet and greet experience with your artist of choice, however, this can not always be accommodated.
Accommodations, Transportation, and Reimbursement
How do I secure a hotel room for the night of the concert?
We are happy to arrange hotel accommodations for you if you live over one hour away from the concert venue. If you would like us to secure your stay please complete a hotel request form.
Please be aware that you will need to have a personal credit card upon check-in to cover incidental charges as we do not cover these charges.
Should you choose to make these arrangements on your own DIFTL will reimburse up to $300 for your stay on the night of your concert.
What forms of transportation do you reimburse for and what is the maximum reimbursement value?
No. Organizing transportation and parking is the responsibility of the recipient, however, provide up to $250 of transportation reimbursement for gas, parking, tolls, public transportation, car rentals and car services such as Lyft, Uber, taxis, limos or plane tickets.
How long does it take to receive reimbursement?
We make every effort to have your reimbursement to you within 10 business days from the date of submission of the reimbursement form, provided all information is complete and accompanied by the proper documentation.
Post-Wish Grant Experience
How can I stay in touch?
We invite you to join our newsletter and follow us on social media to stay up-to-date on upcoming events and hear about musical wishes. You will also learn ways to stay involved with the DIFTL through the stories from our volunteer community.
Where should I send pictures/memories of my wish grant experience?
We would love to hear all about your experience and will reach out to you to get all of the exciting details. Just can’t wait to share? Please send us your story and photos via email at firstname.lastname@example.org